So on my day off this past wednesday… I ran around picking up little parts I knew that I’d need to finish my motor. Sadly, I got called in to work around 5pm :[ Story of my life.
I worked a few hours and Joseph came to the shop and grabbed some sushi. Once business died down, I was free to go and it was homeward bound to drop my motor in!
After some Dreyer’s Dibs ice cream that joseph picked up from the gas station, it was time to get going on the motor.
I had to be really careful with the engine, so I don’t scratch the paint on the bay. But as careful as I was, once it was secure in the mounts, the engine leaned backwards and my fuel return barb gauged the back of the engine bay :[ Luckily it’s behind the engine, so it’s a bit more difficult to see.
After a couple tweaks here and there, I got the headers in just to see what it would look like! (in case you’re wondering about the headers, I got them used from club4ag. they’re old JSP Fab headers. Made by Formula Drift driver John Russakoff. I think he might have run them in his old 20v competition 86)
By this time it was like 2 or 3 in the morning. Joseph and I decided to call it a night. He had to get up early for work and we were hungry as heck. So we went inside the house, nommed on some eggrolls leftover from work — which wasn’t enough so I made some spring rolls to fill our bellies.
All that’s left to get the motor running is hooking up the radiator/oil cooler, finishing wiring up my coil on plugs, tucking the harness, then brake/clutch lines. Almost there! Everything that’s left is just super tedious.