Soooo… I think the last update I had on my hatch was almost a year ago. When I was pulling out the 16v and dropping in my 20v. The last post featuring the hatch was 8/6 day of last year, 8 months ago. Over the last 8 months this is, in short, the progress of the hatch:
-20v didn’t run properly
-swapped levin front end from coupe to hatch
-mounted shine auto trd style wing
-custom DIY purple plastidip
I’ll pick up from where I left off from the story of the coupe:
As soon as I got the coupe up and running with the 20v, I began to focus on reviving the hatch. Which at the moment, had no front suspension and I mean NOTHING.
Dec. 20, 2012
So after the coupe was painted, I decided it was about time to get the car looking like a whole car again. Most people around town knew me as the guy with all the 86’s (which happen to always be missing a body panel). So I decided to piece the coupe together to be as close to 100% appealing to the eye as possible. So first thing first, was to get the rear over fenders to fit the 15×9 -41 rear work equips.
Just look at that… NOT CUTE
Man, I’ve been terrible about updating my builds. Over the last three months…a LOT has changed on my corolla(s). Branden did a quick profile on me back at the end of 2012. You can check it out here. At that time, I had just freshly prepped and painted my coupe. Being my first time using an HVLP gun and single stage paint, I think it turned out pretty good!
Here’s a before shot of the car:
Nov. 8, 2012:
First thing first, I started sanding down the spray paint on the car to get to the original paint. Once I got to that, I scuffed up the original paint real nice for the primer to stick. And started primering with Rustoleum spray paint. (in the future, I would buy actual automotive primer from Sherwinn-Williams bc, I don’t think my single stage paint stuck to the car as well with rustoleum).
All taped up, ready for primer